With recent gossips about YU being shut down doing rounds, we get a new smartphone from YU called the YUREKA BLACK which is targeted at the budget smartphone segment. The device comes with a 5-inch Full HD display with 2.5D curved glass having Gorilla Glass 3 protection on top. It is powered by an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor with Adreno 505 GPU. It comes with 4GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage which is expandable with microSD card.
The Yureka Black smartphone comes with great design having a unibody metal design with a thickness of 8.7mm. It comes in black color with the back being glossy (Chrome Black) or Matte finish giving it a very premium look. The device runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS out of the box and it is said to be upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat OS in the near future.
Specifications of YU Yureka Black:
- Display: 5-inch Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Processor: Octa-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, PDAF, Sony IMX258 sensor and an 8MP front-facing camera with flash
- OS: Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Fingerprint sensor, Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- Battery: 3000mAh built-in battery
The Yureka Black comes with a 13MP rear camera with Sony IMX258 sensor having dual LED flash and an 8MP front-facing camera. The smartphone comes with an Home button below the display which also houses the Fingerprint sensor. It comes with a Hybrid Dual SIM slot having nano + nano/microSD card slot. The device supports 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and USB OTG.
The YU Yureka Black is priced at Rs. 8,999 and will be available in Chrome Black having glossy finish and a Matte Black with smooth finish back. It will be available exclusively on Flipkart starting from Midnight of June 6th. The device is a direct competitor to the Redmi 4 which was launched recently and on paper it comes with better specifications.