YU has launched their latest smartphone, the Yunicorn which was being teased by the company from last month. The device was expected to be a Flagship but it turns out to be a Mid-range device with specifications like a 5.5-inch Full HD display with 2.5D curved glass display having 1000:1 contrast ratio. It comes with a metal body on the back with the upper and lower borders made of plastic for the antenna. The device comes with a Home button on the front below the display housing the Fingerprint sensor.
It is powered by a 1.8GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with Mali T860 GPU coupled with 4GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage which can be expanded further using microSD card. The device runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop OS.
Specifications of YU Yunicorn:
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD display with 2.5D curved glass, 1000:1 contrast ratio and 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
- Processor: 1.8GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with Mali T860 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GBRAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash and a 5MP front-facing camera
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop and comes with Around YU 2.0
- Connectivity: 4G LTE,WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Battery: 4000mAh
The YU Yunicorn comes with a 13MP rear camera having dual-tone LED flash, PDAF and a 5MP front-facing camera. The device comes with a fingerprint sensor on the front in the Home button which is said to unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds. The YU Yunicorn comes with connectivity features like 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS. It is powered by a 4000mAh battery.
The YU Yunicorn is available in rush silver, graphite, and a limited edition rush gold color. The price of YU Yunicorn is Rs. 12,999 in the first month and will be priced at Rs. 14,999 after 1 month exclusively available on Flipkart.