There is this dual screen smartphone which had earlier captured everyones attention and the second generation of the same device which is the YotaPhone 2 is also nothing less of a unique smartphone to hit the market. If you are someone looking to have something unique from the rest then this is the device the YotaPhone 2. The YotaPhone 2 comes with two 5-inch displays one on the front and another on the back of the device which is having a unique and one of a kind technology known as e-ink technology which is used to produce this unusual display.
The YotaPhone 2 smartphone runs on Android OS with YETA software (Yota E-link Technology integration). And the latest update released by the company is bringing Android Lollipop 5.0 to YotaPhone 2 which is a major update in terms of OS and will also make sure that some major feature upgrade is done to the device.
Coming to the Features and Specifications of the YotaPhone2:
- Primary Display 5 inch Full HD AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Secondary Display is a 4.7 inch rear e-ink with a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels
- The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- Comes with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory
- The camera is a 8MP shooter which was not that great but the company is saying that the Android Lollipop update will bring great improvement in the performance of the camera
- Some of the features which are introduced due to the Android Lollipop update are the support of continuous feeds of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc directly on the second screen which is the e-ink display which will save a lot of battery life because there will be no need to turn on the Primary display in case of every update in any other social media websites.
If you are looking to purchase this device then it will be available for sale only in United States and UK along with Europe from July 2015 and made available on IndieGogo. The pricing of the YotaPhone 2 has been decreased in US and is set at $650 to$750 for the unlocked version. And in UK the YotaPhone 2 comes at £440 and in rest of Europe it is set at €599.