Xiaomi has announced their latest offering, the Redmi Pro which joins the Redmi series smartphones. The device was launched at an event in China. The device comes with a 5.5-inch Full HD OLED display along with 2.5D curved glass display. The main USP of the device is the dual camera set up with a 13MP rear camera along with a 5MP second camera to get depth of field which beings real-time background blur, it comes with a 5MP front facing camera with 85-degree wide angle lens.
With the Dual camera setup on the back the Fingerprint sensor is positioned in the Home button on the bottom of the display similar to the Mi 5. The device comes with a brushed metal body design. The Xiaomi Redmi Pro is powered by a deca-core MediaTek Helio X20 / Helio X25 processor with Mali-T880MP4 GPU.
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi Pro:
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD OLED 2.5D curved glass display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
- Processor: Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 / Helio X25 processor with Mali-T880MP4 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage / 4GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX258 sensor, 5MP secondary camera with Samsung sensor and a 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens
- OS: MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4000mAh
The Xiaomi Redmi Pro comes in two variants based on RAM and Storage options – 3GB RAM with 32GB and 64GB options and 4GB RAM with 128GB storage option. The 13MP rear camera comes with PDAF, f/2.0 aperture and a Sony IMX258 sensor. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS out of the box. The Xiaomi Redmi Pro is powered by a 4000mAh battery and comes with connectivity features like 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C.
The Xiaomi Redmi Pro will be available in three colors – Gold, Silver and Gray. The pricing for the various variants of the Redmi Pro are as follows:
- 2.1GHz Helio X20 SoC, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage – 1499 yuan or Rs. 15,000
- 2.3GHz Helio X25 SoC, 3GB RAM with 64GB storage – 1699 yuan or Rs. 17,000
- 2.5GHz Helio X25 SoC, 4GB RAM and 128GB storage – 1999 yuan or Rs. 20,000
All three variants will be available for pre-order from August 6th in China, there is no information about the availability of the devices in India or other countries around the world.