Xiaomi has seen great success with the Redmi Note 3 and have now announced its successor, the Redmi Note 4 at an event in China. The device comes with a 5.5-inch Full HD display similar to its predecessor with 2.5D curved glass display on top. There are not many changes in terms of design which is a good thing as there was not much wrong with the Redmi Note 3 and carrying the same design with upgraded internals like the Processor and Camera is giving it a more premium look along with more polished design.
The Redmi Note 4 will be coming with MIUI 8 out of the box and it is powered by 2.1GHz MediaTek Helio X20 SoC with Deca Core (two Cortex A72 at 2.1GHz, four Cortex A53 at 1.8GHz and four Cortex A53 at 1.4GHz). The device comes in two variants 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage and a 3GB RAM with 64GB internal storage expandable using microSD card.
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4:
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD 2.5D curved glass display with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Processor: 2.1GHz Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 processor with Mali-T880MP4 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- OS: MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dimensions and Weight: 151x76x8.35mm and 175g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4000mAh minimum / 4100mAh typical
The camera in the Redmi Note 4 is a 13MP shooter with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, LED flash along with a 5MP front facing camera with f/2.0 aperture and 85-degree wide-angle lens. The Fingerprint sensor is located on the back of the device below the Camera set up. It comes with a similar 4100mah battery as its predecessor and has connectivity features like 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 will be available in Gold, Silver and Gray colors and is priced at 899 Yuan approximately $135 or Rs. 9,000 for the 2GB RAM and 16GB storage variant while the 3GB RAM and 64GB storage variant is priced at 1199 yuan which is approximately US$ 180 or Rs. 12,000. The availability of Redmi Note 4 is from August 26th in China through Mi online store along with the offline retail stores. There is no update regarding its availability in India and other Asian countries. With the success it has seen in India with the Redmi Note 3 we can expect it to be launched soon in India as well.