Xiaomi has seen great success with the Redmi Note 3 in India and have now announced its successor, the Redmi Note 4 at an event in India. The device comes with a 5.5-inch Full HD display similar to its predecessor with 2.5D curved glass display on top. There are not many changes in terms of design which is a good thing as there was not much wrong with the Redmi Note 3 and carrying the same design with upgraded internals like the Processor and Camera is giving it a more premium look along with more polished design.
The Redmi Note 4 will be coming with MIUI 8 out of the box and it is powered by a 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with Adreno 506 GPU. The device comes in three variants 2GB RAM and 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage expandable using microSD card and a 4GB RAM variant with 64GB internal storage which can be further expanded using microSD card.
SPECIFICATIONS OF XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 4:
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD 2.5D curved glass display with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage further expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- OS: MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dimensions and Weight: 151x76x8.35mm and 175g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4000mAh minimum / 4100mAh typical
The camera in the Redmi Note 4 is a 13MP shooter with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, LED flash along with a 5MP front facing camera with f/2.0 aperture and 85-degree wide-angle lens. The Fingerprint sensor is located on the back of the device below the Camera set up. It comes with a similar 4100mah battery as its predecessor and has connectivity features like 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 will be available in Gold, Silver and Dark Gray colors and is priced at Rs. 9,999 for the 2GB RAM Variant while the 3GB RAM variant is priced at Rs. 10,999 with both variants having 32GB storage. The 4GB RAM variant which comes with 64GB internal storage is priced at Rs. 12,999. All three devices will be on sale from 23rd January on Mi.com and Flipkart.