Xiaomi has been setting up for the the Redmi Note 4 launch in India from last month with its explorer program and the company has announced the launch date of the Redmi Note 4 in India by sending out invites for the launch event to be held on January 19th. The Redmi Note 4 is not new to the market, as it was launched in China last August and all the details about the device are already known. The only change which will be seen in the Redmi Note 4 for India is the inclusion of a Snapdragon processor instead of the Helio X20 SoC which is seen in the China variant.
The invite does not reveal the device which is being launched and gives out the details about the Date – 19th January, and place – New Delhi of the launch. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 sports a 5.5-inch Full HD display with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and a pixel density of 401 ppi. The processor which will be coming with the Redmi Note 4 in India is not yet clear as it will be sporting a Snapdragon processor. We are expecting the SD 652 SoC as the Redmi Note 3 was powered by the SD 650.
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4:
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, up to 72% NTSC color gamut, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- Processor: Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 processor with Mali-T880MP4 GPU (China) / Sapdragon processor (India)
- RAM and Storage: 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture and a 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens
- OS: MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery: 4000mAh
The smartphone is expected to be available in three variants – 2GB RAM with 16GB storage, 3GB RAM with 64GB and another 4GB variant is also expected but not confirmed. It comes with a 13MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED flash and a 5MP front facing camera with 85 degree wide angle lens. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS with MIUI 8 on top. The device comes with connectivity features like dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS and FM radio. It is powered by a 4100mAh battery.
The Xiaomi Redmi 4 will be available in Gold, Silver and Gray colors while the prices are not revealed let us look at the pricing of the device in China – CNY 899 or Rs. 9,000 for the 2GB RAM / 16GB Storage variant and CNY 1,119 or Rs. 12,000 for the 3GB RAM / 64GB storage variant. These prices