Xiaomi has launched their latest budget segment smartphone, the Redmi 4A in India which was launched in China last year. It comes as a successor to the Redmi 3s and Redmi 3s Prime smartphones which are a huge hit in the Indian market. The Redmi 4A sports a 5-inch HD IPS display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution. The device carries a similar design concept as its predecessor with the camera placement and the overall design of the device. It comes with a polycarbonate body giving it a decent build quality for the price point.
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi 4A:
- Display: 5-inch HD IPS LCD display with resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- Processor: 1.4GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor
- RAM and Storage: 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage expandable up to 256GB
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture and LED flash, Video recording – 1080p at 30fps along with a 5MP front-facing camera and f/2.2 aperture
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with MIUI 8
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA, WiFi, Bluetooth, Dual SIM – Hybrid
- Battery: 3120mAh
The Redmi 4A is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor coupled with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage expandable up to 256GB with a microSD card. It comes with a 3120mAh battery. The camera is the same in all three devices – 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture and LED flash, Video recording – 1080p at 30fps along with a 5MP front-facing camera and f/2.2 aperture.
It runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS out of the box with MIUI 8 on top and we can expect the device to get the Android Nougat update as well shortly. The Redmi 4A comes with connectivity features like 4G VoLTE which makes it compatible with Reliance Jio 4G SIM.
The Redmi 4A is priced at Rs. 5,999 and will be available in Grey, Gold and Rose Gold colors. The pricing is in line with its predecessor and the Redmi 4A will be available in India starting from 23rd March 12 noon exclusively on Amazon India.