Xiaomi has launched their latest budget level smartphone, the Redmi 3s in China. It is a variant of the Redmi 3 which was launched earlier. The device comes with a 5-inch HD IPS display having resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels resolution. It is powered by a 64-bit Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC with Adreno 505 GPU. The device comes with similar design as the Redmi 3.
The device comes in two variants based on RAM and Storage with a 2GB LPDDR3 RAM having 16GB internal storage and the other variant comes with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage expandable up to 128GB using microSD card.
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi 3s:
- Display: 5-inch HD IPS display with resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- Processor: Octa-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB internal storage and a 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB internal storage expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording along with a 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- OS: MIUI 7 based on Android
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery: 4000mAh battery
The Redmi 3s sports a 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash with f/2.0 aperture and comes with a 5MP front facing camera having f/2.2 aperture. It runs on MIUI 7 based on Android Lollipop / Marshmallow. The device is powered by a 4000mAh battery which is pretty impressive for the device of this size. It comes with Connectivity features like 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and GLONASS.
The Xiaomi Redmi 3s is available in Dark Grey, Silver and Gold colors. The 2GB/16GB variant is priced at 699 Yuan which is approximately $106 or Rs. 7120. The 3GB/32GB variant is priced at 899 yuan which is approximately $136 or Rs. 9165. Availability of Redmi 3s is from June 16th in China through mi.com with no details about the availability in rest of the world and India.