With speculations doing round about a new tablet device from Xiaomi, the company has announced the Mi Pad 3 a successor to the Mi Pad 2 which was introduced back in 2015. Looks like Xiaomi felt that the display from the earlier two tablets was good enough to be changed and has continued with the same display, a 7.9-inch display with a resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels with 326 ppi pixel density. The design has also be kept the same with the device being just 6.95mm in thickness with a metal body.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi Pad 3:
- Display: 7.9-inch (2048 × 1536 pixels) display at 326 ppi with 4:3 aspect ratio
- Processor: MediaTek MT8176 (dual-core 2.1 GHz + quad-core 1.7 GHz) 64bit hexacore processor with 650MHz IMG GX6250 processor
- RAM and Storage: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.0) internal storage
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with 1080p video recording, f/2.0 aperture and an 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- OS: Android Marshmallow based MIUI 8
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 ac (Dual Band), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C
- Battery: 6400mAh (minimum) / 6600mAh (typical) battery
The Mi Pad 3 comes with an upgraded processor from its predecessor, it now is powered by a MediaTek MT8176 64bit processor with IMG GX6250 processor. It comes with 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM coupled with 64GB internal storage. The tablet runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS out of the box with MIUI 8 on top. It is a WiFi only tablet without support for SIM card.
The Mi Pad 3 comes with a 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture and capable of recording videos at 1080p resolution. The front camera is an 8MP shooter with f/2.2 aperture. It is powered by a 6400mAh battery.
The Mi Pad 3 is priced at 1499 Yuan which is approximately Rs. 14120 or US$ 215. It will be available in Golder Color and will go on sale from tomorrow in China during the Mi Fan Festival 2017. The availability of the tablet in other regions of the world like India are not revealed.