Xiaomi has launched their latest Android One based smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi A2 which is the second generation Android One based smartphone from Xiaomi which comes with Stock Android OS out of the box. The device was launched earlier this year in April in China as the Mi 6X. The Xiaomi Mi A2 comes with a 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 display (no notch) and is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 processor, it comes with 4GB RAM + 64GB storage along with 6GB RAM and 128Gb storage options.
The Xiaomi Mi A2 comes with a 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX486 sensor along with a 20-megapixel secondary rear camera with Sony IMX376 sensor to capture depth information for portrait shots with AI, has intelligent scene detection and has auto sensor section. It also has the same 20-megapixel Sony IMX376 sensor for the front camera with soft LED flash and AI beautification.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Specifications:
- Display: 5.99-inch Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with 1500:1 Contrast ratio and 2160×1080 pixels resolution
- Processor: Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 32GB / 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Camera: 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, 20MP secondary camera with Sony IMX376 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels and a 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels soft LED flash
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3010mAh
The Xiaomi Mi A2 comes with Android Oreo 8.1 out of the box and is said to be upgraded to Android P shortly. The device is powered by a 3010 mAh battery and comes with Dual 4G VoLTE support and USB Type C port similar to its predecessor.
The Xiaomi Mi A2 is priced at 249 Euros or US$ 291 / Rs. 20,000 approx for the 4GB RAM with 32GB storage version, the 64GB storage version costs 279 Euros or US$ 326 / Rs. 22,500 approx.) and the top-end 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 349 Euros or US$ 408 / Rs. 28,000 approximately. The Xiaomi Mi A2 comes in Blue, Gold and Black colors. It will be available in Spain starting from August 10th, in France from July 27th, in Italy from August 8th, and will roll out in over 40 countries, including India soon. the Mi A2 Lite will not be coming to India.