Xiaomi has launched their first Android One device in partnership with Google, the Xiaomi Mi A1. It comes with Android 7.1 Nougat OS out of the box and is in line to be upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo by this year end similar to Android One devices. With the Android One devices cycle lasting for 2-3 years of regular updates, this device will also be one of the first devices to get Android P as well.
When coming to the specifications of the Mi A1, it is the global variant of the Mi 5X which was launched in China couple of months back in July. It comes with a 5.5-inch Full HD LTPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. The device is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU. The device comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage which can be expanded up to 128GB using microSD card.
Specifications of Xiaomi MI A1:
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD 2.5D curved glass LTPS display, 450nit brightness, 1000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with 650MHz Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM, 64GB storage (eMMC 5.0), expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Camera: 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, secondary 12MP camera with telephoto lens, 1.0 μm pixel size, f/2.6 aperture, PDAF and a 5MP front-facing camera
- OS: Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3080mAh (typical) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery
The device comes with a 12MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture dual tone LED flash and a secondary 12MP camera with telephoto lens having 1.2 um pixel size and f/2.6 aperture. The front camera is a 5MP sensor. The device comes with Android 7.1.2 Nougat which is going to upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo before the end of 2017. Xiaomi also said that starting from India, Mi A1 phones will come with dual pyrolytic graphite sheets that will help to diffuse and radiate heat quickly.
It is powered by a 3080mAh battery (built-in) and comes with a 38ov charger which protects your phone from power spikes. The Xiaomi Mi A1 will be available in Black, Gold and Rose Gold colors and will be available exclusively on Flipkart and Mi.com online. The Xiaomi Mi A1 is priced at Rs. 14,999 and will be also available offline in Mi Home Stores and offline retailers starting from September 12th at 12 noon.