Xiaomi launched their latest smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi A1 in India by partnering with Android to launch their first Android One smartphone for Xiaomi users to get the Stock Android feel and experience. This is the Mi 5X smartphone launched in China in July which is being launched as the Android One partnered Xiaomi Mi A1 in India. The device is priced at Rs. 14,999 and will be available from this month in India.
SPECIFICATIONS OF XIAOMI MI A1:
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD 2.5D curved glass LTPS display, 450nit brightness, 1000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with 650MHz Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM, 64GB storage (eMMC 5.0), expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Camera: 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, secondary 12MP camera with telephoto lens, 1.0 μm pixel size, f/2.6 aperture, PDAF and a 5MP front-facing camera
- OS: Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3080mAh (typical) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery
Xiaomi Mi A1 FAQ and Doubts:
How is the Display on Xiaomi Mi A1?
It comes with a 5.5-inch IPS LCD display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution.
Does Xiaomi Mi A1 come with Gorilla Glass protection for the Display?
Yes, it comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on top.
How much is the RAM and Storage in Xiaomi Mi A1?
It comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB internal storage space which can be expanded further upto 128GB using microSD card (Hybrid SIM slot).
What is the OS version in Xiaomi Mi A1?
It comes with Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box and is pure Android without the company’s MIUI skin.
Does Xiaomi Mi A1 have MIUI skin and Xiaomi Apps installed?
It does not have MIUI skin on top but comes with certain pre installed MI Apps which can be disabled if you wish to.
What are the camera specifications and how is the camera in Xiaomi Mi A1?
The device comes with dual 12MP rear cameras with one being a telephoto and the second wide-angle lens. It comes with PDAF and dual LED flash. The front camera is a 5MP shooter.
Does Xiaomi Mi A1 rear camera have Optical Image Stabilization or OIS?
No, it does not come with OIS.
Does Xiaomi Mi A1 come with OTG support and NFC connectivity?
Yes, it comes with OTG support and No, it does not support NFC connectivity.
When will Xiaomi Mi A1 get Android Oreo update?
Xiaomi and Google have confirmed that the Mi A1 will be receiving the Android Oreo or Android 8.0 Os update before the end of this year.
Can you play 4K Videos on Xiaomi Mi A1?
No, the display resolution is only FullHD and you can only play up to FullHD resolution videos.
Does Xiaomi Mi A1 support 4G VoLTE?
Yes, it supports 4G VoLTE
Does it come with Dual SIM support?
Yes, it supports dual Nano SIM cards
Does it have expandable storage?
Yes, it can be expanded using microSD card in the Hybrid SIM slot for the second SIM.
Does the Xiaomi Mi A1 come with 3.5mm headphone jack?
Yes, it comes with 3.5mm headphone jack which is located on the bottom.
Does the Xiaomi Mi A1 have Type-C or micro USB port?
It comes with Type C port for charging and Data transfer.
When and where will Xiaomi Mi A1 be available?
The device will be available from September 12th starting at 12 noon exclusively on Flipkart and Mi.com online.
Will the Xiaomi Mi A1 be available offline in Mi Home Store?
Yes, the device will be available offline in Mi Home Store and other Xiaomi Mi partner stores across India.
What is the price of Xiaomi Mi A1?
The device is priced at Rs. 14,999 and will be available in Black, Gold and Rose Gold colors
Xiaomi Mi A1 Pros:
- Stock Android with regular updates
- Dual Rear Cameras
- Decent design
- 4GB RAM and 64GB storage
Xiaomi Mi A1 Cons:
- 3080mAh battery capacity
- Average Front camera
- Snapdragon 625 when others are using SD 652 in the same price range
Xiaomi has for the first time launched a phone in partnership with Google making it an Android One device with Stock Android OS without their MIUI skin on top. With all the latest features like Dual Rear camera set up, fingerprint sensor and decent SoC, it is one of the best Android One devices out there in the market at the moment. Giving you pure Android experience and decent build and feattures by Xiaomi.