Xiaomi has announced their latest flagship smartphone, the Mi 6 at an event in China. The Mi 6 sports a 5.15-inch Full HD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels which is similar to its predecessor, the Mi 5S. The Mi 6 is powered by a 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm processor with Adreno 540 GPU coupled with 6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB and 128GB internal storage options.
Xiaomi has not made any drastic changes in the design aspect or the display in the MI 6 as compared to its predecessor which we have seen in other Flagship devices like the Samsung Galaxy S8 and LG G6. It sports a Home button on the front below the display which has the Fingerprint sensor in it. The rear camera position is also the same on the top left of the display having a 12MP rear camera set up with 1.25um pixel size and f/1.8 aperture along with a secondary 12MP camera with 1.0 um pixel size having f/2.6 aperture. The front camera is an 8MP shooter. The rear camera comes with Portrait mode which is similar to the one seen in iPhone 7 Plus which helps in blurring out background objects.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi 6:
- Display: 5.15-inch Full HD display with 600 nits brightness, 94.4% NTSC color gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio and a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels
- Processor: 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm processor with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS) internal storage
- Camera: 12MP rear camera with 1.25μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording, secondary 12MP camera with 1.0 μm pixel size, 52mm portrait lens, f/2.6 aperture and an 8MP front-facing camera
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 8
- Sensors: Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3350mAh (typical) / 3250mAh (minimum) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, 18W fast charging
The Mi 6 comes with stereo speakers which are embedded into the ear piece and the bottom of the device. The Fingerprint sensor is an under-glass ultrasonic fingerprint sensor which is capable of Alipay and WeChat payments (useful in China). The device is lacking the 3.5mm audio jack and comes with USB Type-C audio like the LeMax 2.
The Xiaomi Mi 6 is available in Bright Blue, Bright Black and White colors, there is another variant which comes with a reflective mirror finish Stainless steel frame called Silver Edition and a Ceramic verison with 18K gold finish around the camera.
The Xiaomi Mi 6 is priced at 2499 yuan approximately – US$ 360 / Rs. 23,500 for the 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage version, 2899 yuan approximately – US$ 421 / Rs. 27,000 for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the same 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version with ceramic body costs 2999 yuan approximately – US$ 435 / Rs. 28,000. The device has been launched only in China at the moment and will be available from April 28th.