Xiaomi has launched two new Flagship smartphones, the Mi 5S and Mi 5S Plus in China. The Mi 5S is the successor to their earlier flagship smartphone the Mi 5 while the Mi 5S Plus is the bugger 5.7-inch variant of their Flagship series much like the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. The bigger Mi 5S Plus comes with a Full HD resolution 5.7-inch Dispalt having an impressive 550 nits brightness. And the other major difference between its smaller variant is the presence of Dual 13MP rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash having Sony IMX258 sensor having PDAF, 4K Video recording.
One camera captures normal images while the other one captures in black and white, it comes with a 4MP front facing camera having aperture of f/2.0 with 2um pixels. The Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus and the Mi 5S are one of the first smartphones to come with 2.35GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU. It comes in two variants based on RAM and Storage – 4GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB storage and another variant having 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus:
- Display: 5.7-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display, 550 nits brightness, 94% NTSC color gamut, 1300 : 1 contrast ratio
- Processor: 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage / 6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Camera: 13MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX258 sensor, PDAF, 4K video recording, 120fps slomo at 720p along with a 4MP front-facing camera with 2um pixels, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p video recording
- OS: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3800mAh (typ) / 3700mAh (min) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The device runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8 on top out of the box. The device comes with a fingerprint sensor on the back below the dual camera set up while the Mi 5S comes with the fingerprint sensor on the front below the display. The Mi 5S and Mi 5S Plus come with 3,5mm audio jack on top of the device. It comes with connectivity features like 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C.
The Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus is powered by a 3800mAh battery and it supports Wualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. The device is available in Gold, Silver, Rose Gold and Dark Grey colors.
The Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus is priced at 2299 yuan or Rs. 22,910 approximately for the 4GB/64GB variant while the 6GB/128GB variant is priced at 2599 yuan or Rs. 26,000. The device will be available for p