Sony has rolled out updates for its new Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Firmware update for the Xperia Z Ultra, Z1 and Z1 compact devices. This update is not meant to give some changes in the UI but to fix some major bugs which were being reported by users in on-line forums. There was an earlier update to all the top end device in Sony a few weeks back.
There are many issues which were being reported by users of Sony devices and Sony has in time released this update to fix these issues which users were posting about in many online forums. Here is a list of the changes which will be seen with the new update.
- Fixed the “No Service” Error which was seen in device even when in network coverage.
- “Close-all-button” brought back to help close all the apps at once, which was removed and got a lot of negative feedback for the same.
- The LED light was set to OFF in the Silent mode and this update has fixed this and the LED light will be ON even in the Silent mode.
- The new Lollipop lock-screen notifications will be now seen even in unblocked devices with server policies like the Exchange active Suyn for e-mail.
- Now all the conversations can be opened in the Ultra stamina mode, which was not the case earlier.
- Transfer of memory from internal memory to external memory or microSD card was having some issues which is now been fixed in this update.
The new firmware build number is 14.5.A.0.270 and you can update to this new Firmware if your device is having the Firmware number 14.5.A.0.242 which can be checked in your Settings and About device page in your Sony Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact and Z Ultra.
The rolling out of this Android Lollipop 5.0.2 update was announced by Sony from their twitter handle @SonyMobileNews as seen in the image above. The update is made available Over The Air and you shuld check your device for any new update and if you are not getting any update its beeter to wait for one or two days as it sometimes varies according to the region.