Both the Flagships by Samsung, the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge have received a software update over OTA, this is one of the many updates in the recent past the latest of which was on May 21st which was pretty big update fixing many issues like flickering while playing recorded videos and some changes in the icons positioning to improve the clarity. With the Galaxy S7 getting amazing response from the market, Samsung has made sure that it sends out regular updates for their Flagships by listening to their customers feedback which is quite good.
This update is named G935FXXU1APEQ and is 73MB in size for the Galaxy S7 Edge and 70.5MB in size for the Galaxy S7. It comes with the latest June Security patch and has many improvements many targeted at the camera which were being reported by users. We will be listing out the changelog of the latest OS update.
The Latest June 16th Software update to the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge come with the following changes:
- Flickering of Recorded Video has been fixed
- Issue where previews of specific routes are shown in red or green has been resolved
Apart from the camera and the June Security patch being included there are other Bug fixes included in the update as well, like:
- Some users were facing Cover recognition issue which has been fixed
- Quick View was not showing Recorded Videos after being stopped has been fixed
- Some users complained about camera not opening from the lock screen on devices with the S view Cover has also been resolved.
The latest update has been rolled out as an OTA update and if you have not yet received a notification about the update on your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge make sure to check it manually. You can check for the update manually on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge by going to Settings > About > Software Update. Your device will check for the update automatically and notify whether the update is available or not. Do not worry if it is not yet available as the updates are usually sent in batches and you will be getting it shortly.