Samsung has launched its latest offering in India the Samsung Galaxy Alpha which was launched at a n event in India by Bollywood actress Lara Dutta and Asim Warsi, Vice President, Mobile & IT of Samsung India. Galayx Alpha is being offered in three colors in India which are the Gold, Black and White models. The color of the device is the back panel which is surrounded by a metal frame like the one we saw in Note 4.
Specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha:
- It has a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED display with 1280x 720 pixels resolution.
- Runs on Exynos 5 Octa 5430 processor which is a 1.8GHz quad-core Cortex A51 + 1.3GHz quad-core Cortex A7 processor
- Comes with 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage
- It runs on the android Kitkat 4.4.4 OS
- Rear camera is a 12 MP with LED Flash with selective Auto Focus and the front camera is a 2.1 MP selfie shooter.
- It has a 1860 mAh battery which is quite low for the features and the processor.
- The Price of Galaxy Alpha in India is Rs. 39.990.
Looking at the features and the specifications at offer the price tag seems a bit too steep for the device. The Display is a 720p or Super AMOLED display which cannot be compared to other smartphones at that price range, and the battery which is offered is just a 1860 mAh battery which I don’t understand the reason behind keeping it so low that too for an Android device which is having a Octa Core processor.
The rest of the features like the Premium finish given to the device and the metal frame and the features are also similar to Galaxy S5 like the Camera quality which is comparable to the s5 camera.
I would love to go for the device if the pricing is more on the Rs. 25,000 price range and not the Rs. 40k price range at which it is being offered at the moment.