Panasonic has launched two new upgraded variants of their smartphone, the Eluga I2 4G which was first launched in August last year. The two new variants come with 2GB of RAM and 3GB of RAM compared to the 1GB RAM in the original Eluga I2. The device sports a 5-inch HD IPS Oncell touch display having resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. It is powered by a 1GHz quad-core processor.
The upgraded versions now come with 2GB and 3GB RAM variants with internal storage of 16GB having expandable storage space up to 32GB using microSD card. Both variants run on Android 5.1 Lollipop OS with Eluga FitHome UI over it. Panasonic has their Eluga A series smartphone in the market doing well.
Specifications of Eluga I2:
- Display: 5-inch IPS Oncell touch display with resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- Processor: 1GHz quad-core processor
- RAM and Storage: 2GB / 3GBRAM with 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Camera: 8MP rear camera with LED Flash along with a 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- OS: Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Panasonic FitHome UI
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Battery: 2000mAh
Both variants sport an 8MP rear camera with LED flash along with a 5MP front facing camera which also has LED flash for taking great selfies even in the dark. The other features of the devices are it supports 4G VoLTE along with other connectivity features like WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS. The device is powered by a 2000mAh battery.
Panasonic Eluga I2 is available in Metallic Silver, Metallic Gold and Metallic Grey colors priced at Rs. 7,990 for the 2GB RAM variant and Rs. 8,990 for the 3GB RAM variant. According to Panasonic India the company is looking to strengthen their stand in TIER I/II/III towns covering 300 districts across India. They are said to have 254 regional distributors and 15000 retailers as well creating a strong offline market reach for themselves.