OPPO has launched their latest smartphone, the A37 in a very highly competitive segment with not so competitive specifications compared to the other competitors in the segment. It comes with a Full HD 5-inch IPS display with 2.5D curved display having Corning Gorilla Glass protection over it. With the competition it is up against having FullHD resolurion displays it stands little chance in the market.
It is powered by a 1.2GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 SoC with Adreno 306 GPU which is decent enough for a entry level Device but does not stand a chance against most devices in this range having Snapdragon 650 or SD 652 SoC. It comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GBinternal storage expandable up to 128GB using microSD card.
Specifications of OPPO A37:
- Display: 5-inch 720p IPS 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Processor: 1.2 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 and Adreno 306 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB LPDDR3 RAM and 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Camera: 8MP rear camera with LED Flash and a 5MP front camera
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop with ColorOS 3.0
- Connectivity: 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Battery: 2630mAh
The device comes with an 8MP rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP front facing camera. The Oppo A37 runs on Android 5.1 lollipop with ColorOS 3.0 over it. The device comes with connectivity features like 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS.
The Oppo A37 is available in Grey and Gold colors and will be available at Rs. 11,990 both Offline and Online. OPPO needs to decrease the price considerably to get some sucess to get the device to take on the competition. With a SD 410 SoC it should be priced much lower as it is an old SoC.