OnePlus has launched their latest smartphone, the OnePlus 5 in India a couple of days after the global unveiling of the device. After a slew of leaks which revealed almost all the details about the device the OnePlus 5 was officially launched to reveal the complete details. The device comes with a 5.5-inch FullHD Optic AMOLED display with DCI-P3 color coverage and comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on top. The display is similar to its predecessor, with similar size and FullHD resolution, the company has not gone after the likes of Galaxy S8 and LG G6 with their exuberant displays, but stuck to the basics with smaller bezels on the sides and having similar size bezels on the top and bottom as earlier.
The back of the device has a metal back panel similar to its predecessor. From the back the device is a lot similar to its cousin the Oppo R11 and iPhone 7 Plus as well. The OnePlus 5 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with Adreno 540 GPU and is comes with impressive 6GB and 8GB LPDDR4X RAM variants to support the top notch processor and GPU. The storage options are 64GB and 128GB having dual-lane storage making it better by 50% in terms of performance as compared to earlier model.
Specifications of OnePlus 5:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Optic AMOLED 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5 display, sRGB, DCI-P3 color coverage
- Processor: 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage (UFS 2.1 ), 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Oxygen OS
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, Sony IMX398 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, EIS, secondary 20MP camera with f/2.6 aperture, Sony IMX350 sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, 4K at 30fps, 1080p at 60 fps, 720p slow motion at 120fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX371 sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, 3 microphones with noise cancellation, Dirac HD Sound
- Dimensions: 154.2×74.1×7.25mm; Weight: 153g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V 4A)
The main upgrade for the device apart from the latest processor is the Dual rear camera set up, with the OnePlus 5 sporting a 16MP Sony IMX398 sensor with f/1.7 aperture main rear camera coupled with a 20MP secondary rear camera with f/2.6 aperture and SONY IMX350 sernsor capable of recording at 4K resolution at 30fps and FullHD resolution at 60fps and 720p at 120 fps for slow motion. It comes with 40% faster autofocus and a Smart capture feature which automatically sets exposure, White balance and focus.
It runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS with Oxygen OS on top. It comes with connectivity features like 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC. The phone is powered by a 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge support which said to charge from 0% to 58% in just 30 minutes.
The OnePlus 5 is available in two color options – Midnight Black and Slate Grey colors. It is launched in two variants based on RAM – 6GB RAM and 8GB RAM along with two storage variants – 64GB and 128GB storage. The OnePlus 5 is priced at $479 and Rs. 32,999 (India) for the 6GB RAM / 64GB Storage variant while the 8GB RAM / 128GB Storage variant is priced at $539 and Rs. 37,999 (India).