OnePlus has started rolling out the OxygenOS 3.0.2 update based on Android 6.0.2 Marshmallow to the OnePlus 2 which comes a couple of months after the release of the Beta release by the company. With OnePlus prepping up for the launch of their latest smartphone, the OnePlus 3 scheduled on June 14th. The Beta version of the OxygenOS 3.0.2 was released in March and was not an OTA update, but the final stable version of the Android 6.0.1 based OxygenOS 3.0.2 has been released as an OTA update by OnePlus.
You will be knowing the updates or new features which will be coming to the OnePlus 2 if you have updated the Beta version of the OxygenOS on your device. Let us look at the new features of the changelog for the OnePlus 2.
New Features or Changelog for OxygenOS 3.0.2 based on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 for OnePlus 2:
- Enhanced Doze mode to improve battery life
- New OnePlus Camera UI and AF optimization
- Improvement in Fingerprint sensor recognition and overall performance
- Shelf UX has been improved now with long press to edit a board feature
- Apps can be locked in recents to prevent them from being closed in the background, it helps in giving better control over background processes
- MaxxAudio and Tuner have been removed
- Network operator selection will now stick to your choice so you don’t accidentally roam onto unintended networks
- Swiftkey updated to 6.3.3
If you are new to updating to the latest OS on your Android based smartphone, let us show you how you can upgrade to the latest OxygenOS 3.0.2 in OnePlus 2 smartphone which is receiving the OTA update in phases and even if you have not received the update initially you will be getting it in a couple of days.
How to update to OxygenOS 3.0.2 based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow in OnePlus 2:
Note: Make sure you backup all your important data, if something goes wrong during the update you might loose it. Have sufficient battery power before starting the update.
- Go to Settings in your OnePlus 2
- Now scroll through the list to spot the About Phone option
- Tap on it to open and then tap on System Update which will automatically search for any new system update and as you if you want to start installation
- Tap on OK and the installation process starts automatically
Once the installation is completed your device will restart and the installation will be completed. The new OxygenOS 3.0.2 is 1.1GB in size and will be rolling out all the OnePlus 2 devices in the coming couple of days as the company is rolling out the update in phases.