Nextbit has launched their cloud-first smartphone. the Robin in India. The main aspect of the smartphone is the inclusion of cloud-based storage to the onboard storage. The smartphone comes with a 5.2-inch IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection and resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. It is powered by a Hexa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 SoC with Adreno 418 GPU.
It comes with 3GB of RAM and coming to the Internal storage space, it comes with 32GB of storage and the main aspect is the 100GB of cloud storage which is made available with the internal storage. The device backs up all the photos and apps and puts the apps and other files which are not frequently used in Archives which can be easily restored when needed.
Specifications of Nextbit Robin:
- Display: 5.2-inch IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection and resolution of 1920×1080 pixels
- Processor: Hexa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor with Adreno 418 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM, 32GB storage/100GB online
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone flash and 5MP front facing camera
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11a/b/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC, USB Type-C Port and Fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 2,680 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0
The Nextbit Robin sports a 13MP rear camera with PDAF and dual-tone LED flash along with a 5MP front-facing camera. The device sports a fingerprint sensor below the display in the Home button. The device runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. The front of the device comes with dual stereo speaker system with audio enhancements by Arkamys.
The Nextbit is powered by a 2680mAh battery which comes with Quick charge 2.0 technology and connectivity features like 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11a/b/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC and USB Type-C Port. The Nextbit Robin
The Nextbit Robin is available in its trademark Mint color and is available exclusively from Flipkart starting from May 30th priced at Rs. 19,999.
Commenting on the launch, Tom Moss, CEO and Co-Founder Nextbit, said “India is home to the second largest smartphone market in the world and it’s hard to ignore. Robin’s premium design and performance are a natural fit for such a demanding market. Our commitment to fast OS updates and our unique smart storage is perfect for people who constantly want more from their phone.”