The Moto Z2 Play is the latest mid-range smartphone was announced earlier today which sports a 5.5-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display and is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 626 processor. The smartphone runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) and comes with a 12-megapixel rear camera with Dual autofocus pixels plus laser autofocus that promises good low-light shots. It also has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera and has dual-tone LED flash for both front and rear cameras.
The Moto Z2 Play has an impressive 5.9mm thick aluminum unibody. Similar to its predecessor, it comes with support for Moto Mods such as Moto shells in different designs having up to 10W, Moto Gamepad mod to turn your device into a hardcore gaming rig. There is a new JBL SoundBoost 2 mod with 10 hours of playtime built right into it and comes with a water-repellent coating and has fabric body.
Specifications of Moto Z2 Play:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor: 2.2GHz GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 626 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM with 64GB storage / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Camera: 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Dual-Pixel Autofocus, Laser Auto focus, f/1.7 aperture, 4K video recording and a 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Water repellent nano-coating, Fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- Battery: 3000mAh with Turbo charging
It comes with Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS out of the box. It comes with 3000mAh battery having Turbo Charging which lets you charge the phone up to 50% in just 20 minutes. There is a TurboPower mod that has 15W fast charging built into it.
The Moto Z2 Play starts at $499 (Rs. 32130 approx.). It will be available from Brazil today for R$ 1,999 (US$ 616 / Rs. 39725 approx) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB version.