Motorola has launched the younger sibling to the Moto G5 Plus which was launched in India earlier this year, the Moto G5 which comes with a 5-inch Full HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection having 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. Both the devices were first unveiled at MWC 2017 in Barcelona. The Moto G5 comes with a unibody design with water repellent nano coating making it Water repellent and not Water Resistant. The Moto G5 has a major design overhaul as compared to its predecessor, with the front Home button having a more rectangular shape with the Fingerprint sensor in it.
SPECIFICATIONS OF MOTO G5:
- Display: 5-inch Full HD display with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Processor: 1.4GHz Octa-Core 64-bit Snapdragon 430 (MSM8937) processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128 GB with microSD
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1080p video recording and a 5MP front-facing camera with OmniVision OV5693 sensor
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Battery: 2800mAh with 10W rapid charging
The Moto G5 is powered by a 1.4GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 430 processor with Adreno 505 GPU and it is available in two variants – 3GB RAM with 16GB internal storage expandable up to 128GB using microSD card. The Moto G5 sports a 13MP rear camera with dual tone LED flash and PDAF, dual tone LED flash and a 5MP front-facing camera with OmniVision OV5693.
The Moto G5 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box which is close to stock android giving it amazing performance. It comes with 4G VoLTE support along with Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n. The Moto G5 is powered by a 2800mAh battery with 10W rapid charging as well.
The Moto G5 is priced at Rs. 11,999 for the 3GB RAM / 16GB variant available in Lunar Gray and Fine Gold colors, the Moto G5 Plus which was launched earlier last month was launched starting at Rs. 14,999.