Motorola has launched two new smartphones, the Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus at MWC 2017 which was overshadowed by the Nokia smartphone launches – Nokia 6, Nokia 5 and Nokia 3. Both Motorola Moto G5 and G5 Plus come with metal unibody design, with the Moto G5 sporting a 5-inch FullHD display while the Moto G5 Plus sporting a 5.2-inch FullHD display and both devices come with Gorilla Glass 3 protection. Motorola has mentioned that both the Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus come with a water repellent nano-coating.
The Moto G5 is powered by a 1.4GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 430 processor with Adreno 505 GPU and it is available in two variants – 2GB RAM and 3GB RAM with 16GB internal storage expandable up to 128GB using microSD card. The Moto G5 Plus on the other hand is powered by a Qualcomm SD 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU and comes in multiple variants – 2GB or 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage and 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage with an option to expand further up to 128GB using microSD card. Both the devices come with Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box.
Specifications of Moto G5:
- Display: 5-inch Full HD display with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Processor: 1.4GHz Octa-Core 64-bit Snapdragon 430 (MSM8937) processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB /3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128 GB with microSD
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1080p video recording and a 5MP front-facing camera with OmniVision OV5693 sensor
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Battery: 2800mAh with 10W rapid charging
The Motorola G5 comes with a 13MP rear camera with dual tone LED flash and PDAF and a 5MP front facing camera. The G5 Plus comes with a 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Dual-Pixel Autofocus, F/1.7 aperture and capable of 4K video recording. It sports a 5MP front facing camera with OmniVision OV5695 sensor and f/2.2 aperture.
Specifications of Moto G5 Plus:
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD display with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection
with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB/ 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128 GB with microSD
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Dual-Pixel Autofocus, Sony IMX362 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 4K video recording and a 5MP front-facing camera with OmniVision OV5695 sensor, f/2.2 aperture
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Battery; 3000mAh with Turbo charging
Both devices come with a Home button below the display with the Fingerprint sensor in it. The loudspeaker is front facing, both devices come with 4G VoLTE support out of the box and has connectivity features like WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS. It comes with Dual SIM support and microSD card support as well. The Moto G5 is powered by a 2800mAh battery with 10W rapid charging while the Moto G5 Plus is powered by a 3000mAh battery with support for Turbo charging.
The Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus will be available in two colors Lunar Gray and Fine Gold colors. The Moto G5 is priced at 2GB RAM / 16GB storage – 199 Euros or Rs. 14,000. The Moto G5 Plus is priced at:
- 2GB RAM + 16GB storage – 229 Euros or Rs. 15000 approximately
- 3GB RAM + 32GB storage – 279 Euros or Rs. 19500 approximately
Moto G5 Plus India Launch Date – March 15th
There is another variant of Moto G5 Plus with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage but the company has not revealed the availability or pricing of the variant yet, we will be updating it once officially confirmed.