Micromax has launched their latest Flagship smartphone, the Dual 5 which is the first smartphone in the company’s Dual series. As the name suggests the device comes with a Dual camera set up which has become a common site in smartphones ranging from Mid-rangers to high-end ones. The Dual 5 comes with dual 13-megapixel rear cameras with Sony Sensors. One is monochrome (black and white) lens for capturing details and other with RGB lens. Both the captures are combined to get the image.
The Micromax Dual 5 sports a 5.5-inch FullHD AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection on top. It is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor and coupled with 4GB of RAM and 128GB internal storage space having an option to further expand using microSD card. It comes with a unibody metal design having slim bezels.
The main USP of the device being the Dual camera setup with dual 13MP rear cameras with one being monochrome and the other being a RGB lens to stitch the images and give a perfect shot. The rear camera is capable of recording at 4K resolution and is said to record in 3D as well. The rear camera has an aperture of f/1.8 and Dual-tone LED flash. The front camera is also a 13MP shooter with f/2.0 aperture and 1.12um pixel size, it also comes with a Soft selfie flash feature and sports a Sony sensor.
Specifications of Micromax Dual 5:
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED display with 100% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor: Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor (Quad 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.2GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Camera: 13MP (monochrome) + 13MP (RGB) rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, Sony sensors, 4K video recording and a 13MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, soft selfie flash, Sony sensor
- OS: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / micro)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz),Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type C
- Battery: 3200mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS out of the box and there are some pre-installed apps in it which we will be sharing in the FAQ’s post. The device comes with a fingerprint sensor on the back of the device along with an Infrared sensor to manage certain home appliances. It comes with a customizable key on the left side which can be set as required and Micromax has given the Power button an option to act as a panic button. The Dual 5 comes with a 3200mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 said to charge from 0-95% in just 45 minutes.
The Micromax Dual 5 is priced at Rs. 24,999 in Gold color available on Flipkart or Micromax Stores and other offline stores across India. Micromax is giving 1-year replacement warranty and 24-hour service.