Mi Redmi 2 is the latest offering from Mi, the Chinese smart phone makers known for their High-End spec:Low cost combination mobiles.
On a high level the phone has the following specs :
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor(1.2GHz MSM8916)
- 1 GB of RAM with Adreno 306 GPU
- 2200mAH lithium-polymer battery
- 4.7-inch (11.93 centimeters) IPS HD capacitive touchscreen
- 8MP primary camera with omnivision image sensor and 2MP front facing camera
- Android v4.4.4 KitKat operating system
Here are some of the doubts or the FAQ’s on the phone :Number of SIM slots ?
Dual SIM and standby (both Micro)
- What is the price of the device?
The phone has been launched at 6000 INR. Can be bought from eCommerce sites like Amazon.
- What are the phone variants?
Two variants in colors white and grey.
- Does it have a 4G support?
Yes it does. One sim supports 4G while the others doesn’t.
- Does it support both CDMA and GSM?
No. Only GSM.
- How much is the RAM on the phone?
It has 1 GB of RAM and runs pretty well for normal day to day usage. Multi Tasking and heavy gaming might lag.
- Details on the battery.
Has a 2200 mAh detachable battery. Lasts decently for a day as the MIUI 6 has been customized well.
- What about the sound clarity?
The sound clarity over the mic is pretty convincing. Loud speaker sound disrupts a bit though.
- Can i use Google Apps?
You can use all the google apps (Maps, Gmail etc) by downloading them from Google play store.
- Can it be upgraded to android L?
There is still no notification on the upgrade. Probably will take time.
- What is the weight of the phone?
Around 180 grams.
- What is the available memory out of the box?
Around 5.5 GB of usable memory (Internal memory is 8 GB and can be expanded upto 32 GB).
Apps can be moved to the SD card through 3rd party apps.
- Does the box come with head phones?
No. The head phones are not included in the box and should be bought explicitly. Also no manuals are present in the package.
- Do we get a guarantee card with device?
Yes. It has 1 year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase
- Where can i find the Service Centers?
Refer Mi site : http://www.mi.com/in/service/repair/