Reliance Retail has just introduced two new smartphones under the LYF series, Flame 8 and Wind 3 both which support 4G VoLTE and will be available exclusively on Flipkart. Reliance has been concentrating very actively on the entry level and budget segment and increasing their user base by providing free Jio SIM with 4G LTE preview offer of three months for every LYF smartphone. And the Flame 8 is one such smartphone adding to the huge list of entry level smartphone with 4G VoLTE support starting from Rs. 2,999.
Flame 8 comes with a 4.5-inch FWVGA display having resoltuion of 854 x 480 pixels and powered by a 1.1 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 (MSM8909) processor with Adreno 304 GPU coupled with 1GB of RAM and 8GB internal storage space expandable with microSD card. It sports a 8MP auto focus rear camera with LED Flash along with a 5MP front-facing camera. The device runs on Android 5.1 and has connectivity features like 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS. It is quite good as other devices like the Swipe Konnect Plus do not offer 4G LTE support at similar price range.
Specifications of LYF Flame 8:
- Display: 4.5-inch FWVGA IPS display with resolution of 854 x 480 pixels
- Processor: 1.1 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 (MSM8909) processor with Adreno 304 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage expandable with microSD
- Camera: 8MP auto focus rear camera with LED Flash along with a 5MP front-facing camera
- OS: Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Battery: 2000mAh
The other device to be launched alongside is the Wind 3 which is placed in the budget level segment having a 5.5-inch HD display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution and powered by a 1.2GHz 64-bit Quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor with Adreno 306 GPU. It comes with 2GB of RAM along with 16GB internal memory and expandable storage up to 32GB using microSD. It comes with an 8MP rear camera with LED flash and a 2MP front facing camera.
Specifications of LYF Wind 3:
- Display: 5.5-inch IPS display with resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Quad-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) processor with Adreno 306 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Camera: 8MP auto focus rear camera with LED Flash and a 2MP front-facing camera
- OS: Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Battery: 2920mAh
It runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop OS out of the box and has connectivity features like 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS. The device is powered by a 2920mAh battery. The Lyf Flame 8 will be available in White, Blue and Black colors priced at Rs. 4,199 and the Wind 3 will be available in Black color only priced at Rs. 6,999. Both the devices will be exclusively available on Flipkart from tommorow in their Independence day sale.