Reliance has managed to create a wave in the telecom industry with the pre-launch offer of 3 months free unlimited 4G data. With the company already showing a huge list of users with the initial launch with support for their own LYF mobiles, the company is slowly trying to expand further by allowing Samsung smartphones to be compatible with Reliance Jio SIM cards to avail the Free data offer.
After giving free 3 months data with LYF smartphones, the company has tied up with Samsung to give the offer of unlimited data, HD video and voice calling and SMS on Jio SIM. It is said that the offer will be available for both existing and new customers of select Samsung smartphones.
Update on Dec 1st 2016: Mukesh Ambani has announced that the Free Jio 4G Data and Calls will not be ending on December 31st deadline but extend till March 31st 2017. But the daily limit of 4GB has been changed to 1GB per day – Check out more details about the Reliance Jio “Happy New Year” offer till March 31st 2017.
Update on Sep 6th 2016: Reliance has updated the MyJio App to the latest version and with the new process you will need to enter you First Name and Last Name with the Phone number to which you Verification call and SMS will be sent. You will be getting an OTP number to the number which should be entered to generate the code.
Update: Reliance is expected to start offering Free Jio SIM cards with preview offer for any smartphone priced over Rs. 10,000. Read here – Relaince Jio SIM for any smartphone above Rs. 10,000. Reliance has added LG smartphones to the smartphones to get Jio SIM. Check out – The List of LG smartphones eligible for Reliance Jio SIM. Reliance has also included ASUS and Panasonic smartphones to get Jio 4G SIM cards.
Updated List of Samsung smartphones supporting Reliance Jio SIM with free 3 months data offer:
The devices mentioned in the list are the ones supporting 4G VoLTE with FDD-LTE Band 3 (1800MHz).
Update on August 19th: Samsung has added to the list of devices which support Reliance Jio 4G SIM their ON series and J-series devices which will be eligible to get the Jio SIM card from today.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and Note 5 Duos
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Samsung Galaxy A8
- Samsung Galaxy A7 2015 and A7 2016
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2015 and A5 2016
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
- Samsung Galaxy A3
- Samsung Galaxy J 1 (4G)
- Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace 4G
- Samsung Galaxy J2 Ace
- Samsung Galaxy J2 (2016)
- Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy J2 Duos
- Samsung Galaxy J3
- Samsung Galaxy J5
- Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016)
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Duos
- Samsung Galaxy J7
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016)
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Duos
- Samsung ON5
- Samsung ON5 Pro
- Samsung ON7
- Samsung ON7 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy On8
- Samsung Z2
- Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 (4G support)
Update on 28th-July: All the smartphone supporting 4G LTE are able to get the Jio SIM recently, although not officially announced but many users have successfully get the card activated.
What are the Documents required to get Reliance Jio SIM?
After generating the code and it is being said that from Monday you will not be needing a code as well – Go to the nearest Reliance Digital or Dx Mini store and some select modern trade outlets carrying the following documents:
Update on 6th Sep: E-KYC process for Jio SIM has been activated which requires on Aadhaar card and all the biometrics like Photo and Fingerprint will be taken at the Reliance Center itself. (This has been reported in certain states like Chennai and Mumbai)
- Original Proof of Address (POA) and copy which can be Vote I.d, Aadhaar card, Passport etc
- Proof of Identity (POI) and copy – Vote I.d, Pan card, Passport etc
- One passport size photograph.
It is important that you carry the smartphone for which you are seeking the SIM card with you while visiting the outlet for the SIM card.
How to get Reliance Jio SIM for Samsung smartphone?
If you are having a Samsung smartphone from the list mentioned above and want to get the Reliance Jio SIM with the preview offer, follow the steps mentioned below.
- From your Samsung smartphone download the Reliance Jio App and also the other Jio Apps which are mentioned in the App
- Launch the App and you will find the option “Get Jio SIM” tap on it
- September 5th Update: After entering your name and number you will be getting an OTP to the number entered which is needed to verify the number and generate the Code to get the Jio SIM.
- Now you will get a barcode and Jio Offer code which mentions the period of validity
- This code can be used only for the device it is generated on
- Now choose the proof of address and proof of identity which you would like to submit for the verification process
- Visit the nearest Reliance Digital Store and submit the documentation and you will be receiving he free Reliance Jio SIM card.
- Now place the SIM card into your Samsung smartphone and call 1977 to verify your SIM card
List of Apps to be Downloaded to get Free Reliance Jio SIM preview code / offer: Jio Join, Jio Security, Jio Beats, Jio On Demand, Jio Play, Jio Express News and Jio Mags, Jio Money, Jio Chat, Jio Drive etc.
The free 90 day preview offer will be activated and you can avail it, once you have completed the 90 days offer you will be given the option to opt for the Reliance Jio commercial tariff plan to continue. From what we have seen in leaks the retail tariff plans for Reliance Jio are pretty competitive compared to the competition. The exact date for the official launch of Reliance Jio is not yet clear all we can do is wait for the official announcement by the company.