With the Government of India making it mandatory to link your mobile number with your Aadhaar number every user had to head to their respective mobile operator’s office to complete the linking process, but the process has become a lot easier now thanks to the OTP verification process of Aadhaar card to mobile number link up. Now users can sit at home and link their Aadhaar card to their mobile phones using OTP by dialing a central IVR number irrespective of any mobile network.
The last day or deadline to link your Aadhaar number to mobile number is February 6th for any older number from any network. By following the steps mentioned below you can link your mobile network to your Aadhaar card at home and there will be no need to go to any physical outlets.
What are the Mobile Networks which can be linked using OTP or IVR method?
Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, Uninor, BSNL, Aircel etc. If you are a Jio user, you do not need to re-verify as Reliance started issuing the SIM cards after verifying using Aadhaar card from the beginning. If you are having a corporate account there is no need to re-verify.
Steps to Link Aadhaar to Mobile number:
- From your mobile number Call 14546
- You will be getting an option to choose whether you are an NRI or Local
- Press 1 to give consent to link Aadhaar card number to your mobile number
- Make sure you have your Aadhaar card with you, you need to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm
- Now the mobile number which you are trying to link your Aadhaar card with will be getting an OTP as an SMS
- IVR process will require your mobile number after which you will have to give consent to your mobile operator to pick your personal details like name, photo, and date of birth from the UDAI records or database
- You will be hearing the last four numbers of your mobile number to re-confirm the submitted number by IVR
- Now you need to enter the OTP received as an SMS to your mobile after the re-confirmation
- Press 1 to complete the process after entering the OTP. You will be receiving a voice based verification by IVR that the Aadhaar-based mobile number re-verification process was successful
Note: The OTP generated is valid for 30 minutes only, so make sure you complete the process in the given time.
How to Link two mobile numbers at a time to one Aadhaar number?
If you are having two mobile numbers and want to link both the numbers at the same time, you can do it by following the steps mentioned below.
Note: make sure that you are having the number by your side before starting the process
- Follow the above mentioned steps till the end
- At the last step, instead of pressing 1 to complete the process you need to press 2 and follow the steps by IVR to complete linking your second mobile number by entering the OTP sent to the number.
Hope it was useful to link your Aadhaaar card to mobile number from the comfort of your home without the need to head to your mobile operators outlet and wait in line to do so.