LG has launched a new smartphone under the X series called the LG X Venture which comes with a military grade resistance to extreme temperature, shock, water and dust resistance. It has passed 14 MIL-STD 810G tests which are designed for US military testing. It is said to sustain even when immersed in 1.5m of water for up to 30 minutes.
The LG X Venture has quite unique design with angles upper and lower edges and comes with a textures back panel. It has physical navigation buttons at the bottom of the display. It sports a 5.2-inch Full HD display and is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 processor with Adreno 505 GPU.
Specifications of LG X Venture:
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD display with 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution
- Processor: Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 (4 x Cortex A53 1.4GHz + 4 x Cortex A53 1.1GHz) with Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Camera: 16MP rear camera with LED Flash and a 5MP front-facing camera with 120-degree wide angle lens
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS / GLONASS
- Battery: 4100mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0
The LG X Venture comes with 2GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage space which can be further expanded using microSD card. The device comes with 16MP rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP front facing camera with 120 degree wide angle lens. It runs on android 7.0 Nougat Os out of the box. It sports a Fingerprint sensor located on the Home button. It comes with 4G VoLTE and Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity features and is powered by a 4100mAh battery which supports Quick Charge 2.0.
The LG X Venture is priced at $330 or $11 per month for 30 months through AT&T in U.S. and will be available in Black and Brown colors. LG is expected to launch the device in other countries as well like Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Middle East.