Lenovo has unveiled the cheapest smartphone running on Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset which is a successor to the ZUK Z1 which was quite successful for offering a lot at a very affordable price. This year the company has named the successor as Zuk Z2 Plus which sports a 5-inch 1080p LTPS display having 2.5D curved glass on top. The company has been launched back in May as Zuk Z2 and in India the company has launched the device as Z2 Plus.
The Zuk Z2 Plus Is powered by a 2.15GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU. The device comes is two variants having 3GB RAM with 32GB storage and the higher end variant comes with 4GB RAM having 64GB internal storage. The Zuk Z1 had a 5.5-inch FullHD display while the Zuk Z2 Plus has a smaller 5-inch display.
Specifications of Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus:
- Display: 5-inch Full HD LTPS 2.5D curved glass display with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Processor: 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB DDR4 RAM with 32GB internal storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/ 2.2, 5P lens, ISOCELL sensor, PDAF, CAF dual-mode focus, EIS along with an 8MP front-facing camera with 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.9-degree wide viewing angle
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 2.0 Type-C
- Battery: 3500mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Zuk Z2 Plus comes with similar 13MP rear camera having LED Flash, f/ 2.2, 5P lens, ISOCELL sensor, PDAF, CAF dual-mode focus, EIS along with an 8MP front-facing camera with 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.9-degree wide viewing angle. It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS out of the box. The device comes with connectivity features like 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 2.0 Type-C.
The Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus comes with a 3500mAh battery having Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, it has lower battery capacity when compared to the Zuk Z1 but with a smaller display size and as it has Quick Charge 3.0 to charge the phone up to 80% in just 1 hour it comes with similar battery life. The device also sports a U-Touch 2.0 fingerprint sensor in the Home button which is said to unlock the device in just 0.1 seconds and it is said to work even when the finger is wet.
The Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus will be available in White and Black colors with the 3GB RAM and 32GB storage variant priced at Rs. 17,999 and the higher end 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage variant priced at Rs. 19,999. The Zuk Z2 Plus will be available exclusively on Amazon.in from September 25th midnight.