It has been quite some time since Google has announced the Beta release of Android 7.0 Nougat for Nexus devices has been announced and these devices will be one of the first to receive the stable version as well. With the preview build of the Android 7.0 Nougat available for Nexus devices which let’s you update your device manually you can get the OTA update as well if you have enrolled for the beta program by Google.
There is one another device which is quite a surprise to get the beta build Android 7.0 Nougat update – Huawei P9 smartphone which is expected to be an accidental update. The update brings the update with the latest EMUI 5.0 skin. The update will be available for users have the latest stock build for the P9.
How to update Huawei P9 to latest Android 7.0 Nougat update:
Note: Make sure that you have backed up all your data before starting the process, if something goes wrong you might loose all your data.
- Download the latest OTA ZIP file from here. You have to download the EMUI-EVA-C900B040SP11-log.
- After downloading the OTA Zip file, locate the file in your internal storage or SD card
- From Settings go to the Software Update section in your Huawei P9 smartphone
- You can get to the software update screen to install the beta update by pressing power + both volume buttons while booting or you can also dial *#*#2846579#*#* into the dialer app to go to the “ProjectMenu” settings screen.
- Now you have to locate the downloaded file in the above sections and start the installation process which happens automatically.
After installing the Beta Build for Android 7.0 Nougat on your Huawei P9 make sure to leave your comments on any difficulty faced and what the features which you have loved the most in the new update.