Huawei introduced their latest mid-range smartphone, the Honor 6X in India last month and was on sale on February 2nd in India on amazon. The main USP of the device being the dual rear facing camera set up, on launch the device comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS out of the box with EMUI 4.1 on top. Some good news for Honor 6X users is that the company has promised to start sending the Android 7.0 Nougat update in Q2 2017 and they have confirmed that the Honor 6X devices in US will be receiving the update in March.
Update April 7th: Huawei has started Betal Testing for EMUI 5.0 based Android 7.0 Nougat for Honor 6x which lets users test Nougat 7.0 before the official update. The official stable update is due and we are expecting it in the coming days but for those who don’t want to wait can sign-up for the beta program by “e-mailing your IMEI to email@example.com”. Make note that this is the Beta version which will be having Bugs.
Huawei has not mentioned the exact dates of the launch for the US market as well and the dates from which it will be available in Indian market is not available at the moment. But as the devices in the US market will be getting the update, Indian devices will also be in line shortly.
SPECIFICATIONS OF HONOR 6X:
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD 2.5D curved glass IPS display with resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Processor: Octa-core Kirin 655 16nm processor with Mali T830-MP2
- RAM and Storage: 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Camera: 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 6P lens, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, aperture F/0.95-F/16 and 2MP secondary camera and an 8MP front-facing camera
- OS: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Battery: 3340mAh battery with support for fast charging
Huawei in a statement about the EMUI 5 update said, “The new EMUI for Honor 6X will be arriving next month, and it’s been updated based on consumer feedback. In case you or your team is planning a full review anytime soon, it might be worthwhile to wait!”
After trying out the Honor 6X alongside the Redmi Note 4, I can say that the dual camera set up surely is far superior to the Note 4 with not just the bokeh effect but in all aspects like the color reproduction, the details are also far superior to the Redmi Note 4. We have to test it out with the Cool 1 Dual which also comes with the Dual Camera set up. The Honor 6X is available in Gold, Silver and Gray colors and is priced at Rs. 12,999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage while the 4GB RAM and 64GB Storage variant is priced at Rs. 15,999