HTC has launched their latest smartphone, the HTC U Ultra which is going to be their flagship device in India, the device was launched in the international market some time back and with the device having a secondary ticker display similar to the one we have seen on the LG V20. The device has been launched via Live Stream on HTC’s Facebook Page. Apart from the Secondary display the device also comes with HTC’s own AI personal assistant which is similar to Google Assistant which has machine learning capabilities which adapts to the users behaviour.
The HTC U Ultra comes with a 5.7-inch Quad HD Super LCD display with Gorilla Glass 5 protection (Sapphire Glass protection for 128GB variant), the device comes with a secondary display on top of the primary display which is a 2.0-inch LCD 5 display with resolution of 160 x 1020 pixels and 520 ppi. The device is powered by a Quad-core Snapdragon 821 SoC with Adreno 530 GPU. The device comes with 4GB of RAM and has two storage options – 64GB and 128GB which can be further expanded upto 128GB using microSD card. HTC U Ultra comes with features like HTC BoomSound sudio along with four microphones which are always listening and is capable of recording 3D Audio.
Specifications of HTC U Ultra:
- Display: 5.7-inch Quad HD Super LCD 5 display with Gorilla Glass 5 protection having a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels and a 2.0-inch 520 PPI Super LCD 5 secondary display with resolution of 160 x 1040 pixels
- Processor: Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor (2×2.15 GHz Kryo and 2×1.6 GHz Kryo) with Adreno 530 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM, 64/128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Camera: 12MP (UltraPixel 2) rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, 1.55um pixels, f/1.8 aperture, Laser AF, OIS, 4K video recording and a 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, UltraPixel mode
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat) with HTC Sense UI
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- Battery: 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The smartphone comes with a 12MP (Ultra Pixel 2) rear camera with dual-tone LED flash having f/1.8 aperture and laser AF which is capable of recording at 4K resolution. The smartphone sports a 16MP front facing camera similar to the one on HTC 10. The HTC U Ultra comes with a 3.5mm audio jack. It is powered by a 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0. It comes with 4G LTE support and USB 3.1 Type-C port.
The HTC U Ultra will be available in Sapphire Blue, Cosmetic Pink, Ice White colors and is priced at Rs. 59,990.