If you are a Windows OS user be it the Nokia Lumia devices or the HTC ones you will see that when you connect your device to your Facebook profile the contacts from Facebook account are automatically Synced into your device and you will be seeing updates from your contacts in your Contacts App or People’s Hub app.
This can get quite irritating sometimes as the contacts in Facebook are synced even if there are no numbers in the account and some contacts which we do not require are also present in your device. So let me show you How you can easily unsync or Remove or Delete contacts synced via Facebook in your Nokia or Windows device.
There are two methods which can help you in Unsyncing the Contacts:
How to Unsync Facebook Contacts from Windows 8.1 OS running smartphones:
This will help you delete facebook contacts from your Windows or Nokia lumia device.
- Tap on facebook app in your windows device to launch it and on the right side top of the page tap on the three lines icon
- Scroll down in the list and ta on Settings
- Now from the Settings options tap on Connect with my Phone which will be On if you are seeing facebook contacts in your windows phone contacts app
- From the page which opens you have to tap on the bar on the left side which will turn the contacts sync Off
That is it now the facebook contacts will not appear in your device contacts app and you can always turn it on if you want to by going to the Connect with my phone and turning the option to ON and then tapping on Syn now option.
Filter Facebook Contacts:
With this trick you can filter the contacts or remove only the contacts which are Facebook only and which are not present in your contacts list.
- Tap on Settings or you can tap on the People hub app tile
- Now in the page swipe from right to left to go to Applications
- Then tap on People and select the Filter my contact list to remove the tick mark next to Facebook.
- Tap on the Hide posts from the contacts I’ve Filtered and this will now stop any updates or notifications form the contacts in your device.