Videos play automatically as you scroll down through your Twitter timeline is really a cool option, but it completely drains out your mobile data. If you are with a limited data plan, auto-playing videos will eat up all your data and after the limit is crossed the network operator with start levying unwanted or additional charges from your account balance. It will be useful while using Wi-Fi but it is going to be a headache to stop every video you scroll through.
If you would like to prevent the auto-play of the videos on your Twitter Timeline (Mobile App and website), you can do that by following the steps mentioned below:
How to Turn off auto-play of videos in Twitter mobile App:
1. Open the Twitter App on your device.
2. Tap on the three dot icon on the right side top of the display and select Settings in it
3. Under ‘Settings’ scroll to the general option and tap on Data option under it, tap on the Video autoplay option
4. You can choose between Use mobile data and WiFi, Use WiFi only, and never play videos automatically.
If you choose ‘never play videos automatically’, Twitter’s native videos, vines and animated GIFs will not play automatically as you scroll down through your timeline.
If you like to auto-play videos, but only when connected to a WiFi network, choose ‘Use WiFi only’ option which is preferable and videos are loaded and played automatically only when you are connected to WiFi.
Turn off videos from Auto-Playing in Twitter website:
1. Open Twitter.com and login to your profile with your account credentials.
2. Click on your profile picture which is at the right top corner of the page and select ‘Settings’.
3. Click on ‘Account’ in the left column.
4. Scroll down until you reach the Content section and under that you can find video tweets option there. Uncheck the box for video auto-play(remove the tick mark).
5. Click ‘Save changes’ and you may need to enter your password of your Twitter account to save the changes.
As we all have the Twitter App and also use Twitter through the website it is better to turn Autoplay videos Off in both to enjoy Twitter without the fear of losing mobile data because of the autoplay of videos on your timeline.