Google Play Store has many great Apps some of which are paid and some are free, many users download and install many applications which are big sized files for free and if you do not like it you just delete it or uninstall it, but if you have paid for the application and after using it do not like it then you are stuck with the application, so for situations like these I am going to show you how you can try out paid applications on your device before paying for them.
You have the option of trying out any paid application for 15 minutes after you buy it and within this time limit you can get your money Refunded from Play Store, follow the steps shown below to do the same.
How to get Refund for Paid Applications in Play Store within 15 minutes:
- Form your Google Play Store Purchase / Buy the application or game
- Open or Launch the application and use it for less than 15 minutes, if you like it fine or else close the app or game
- Go back to Play Store -> Select Menu -> Tap on My Apps -> Open the Application which you want to get a Refund for
- In the App page you can see that there are Open and Refund buttons on the Right Side
- Tap on the Refund option and you will be getting a pop up window with a message “Are you sure that you want to refund this purchase? The app will be uninstalled”
- Tap on “Yes” and your app will uninstall and your account will be getting back the amount you paid for buying the application.
Note: We have observed that the refund option was seen for upto two hours which is not officially known as Google says only 15 minutes are given to get a refund, so if you want to take the risk you can but we do not recommend it and if you crossed 15 minutes and want a refund try the next step which will get you a refund after 48 hours.
How to get Refund within 48 hours of App Purchase:
Note: This method will work only with Applications which come under the Section 3.4 rules of Android Developer Distribution Agreement –
3.4 Special Refund Requirements. The Payment Processor’s standard terms and conditions regarding refunds will apply except the following terms apply to your distribution of Products on the Market.
Products that can be previewed by the buyer (such as ringtones and wallpapers): No refund is required or allowed.
Products that cannot be previewed by the buyer (such as applications): You authorize Google to give the buyer a full refund of the Product price if the buyer requests the refund within 48 hours after purchase.
This means that you can get refund only for apps which do not have a Preview option, the list of these apps is not given anywhere, so you can try the step on any app which you have purchased and not able to ask for Refund within 15 minutes of the purchase.
- Launch of Open Google Play Store from your Desktop / Laptop or Mac.
- You have to Login to the Google Account from which you have purchased the App
- Go to My Apps and Right Click on the Application which you want a Refund from
- And Click on Report a Problem
- Now you have to Select “I’d like to request a refund” and Click on Submit
All you have to do now is wait as Google will review your submission and then decide whether or not Refund should be given or not for your App. We cannot guarantee that you will be surely getting your refund as there are many factors like I mentioned that the App should fall under the Section 3.4 in Android Developers policy. So try your luck and hope for the best or you are stuck with app you have purchased.