Booking a ticket in IRCTC is a big hassle and cancelling it due to many reasons like, cancelled trip or someone else is going other than you might have made you loose some money and the hassle of going through the cancellation process is tiresome. Indian Railways has introduced a new feature or option, which allows you to change or Transfer your booked ticket to a relative, family member, this process has to be done at least 24 hours in advance of the schedule departure of the train.
Can I transfer my IRCTC booked ticket to a friend?
No, for the moment you can only transfer your booked Railway ticket to only a blood relative. You require to submit proof of relation of the person you are looking to transfer the ticket to. You can only transfer the ticket to only family members like – father, mother, brother, sister, wife, son, daughter.
Tickets can be transferred to other members of the Marriage party, if the head of the party makes a request at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train.
Ticket can be transferred to other NCC (National cadet corps) member if the head of the group makes a request at least 24 hours in advance.
Tickets can be transferred from a Government servant to another Government servant travelling on official duty at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled departure time of train.
Can I transfer my IRCTC ticket Online?
No, you cannot transfer it online but you need to visit the nearest railway reservation counter or office for the transfer. This should be done 24 hours before the scheduled time of the train departure.
What are to documents or Proofs required to transfer ticket to a relative?
You need to carry the following documents when you go to transfer your IRCTC booked ticket to a relative:
- Printed copy of the e-reservation slip
- Valid Original ID Proof of the passenger to whom you are transferring the ticket
- Proof of Relation to whom you are transferring the ticket to
Steps to transfer booked IRCTC ticket to your relative:
Note: Transfer is done before 24 hours of train departure time or 2 days.
- Visit the nearest Railway Reservation office and you need to take with you the following documents Printed copy of the e-reservation slip, Valid Original ID Proof of the passenger to whom you are transferring the ticket, Proof of Relation to whom you are transferring the ticket to.
- You need to fill in the Request form available at the reservation office, submit it with the required documents
- Your request will be processed if everything is proper and change of name will be done
The transfer can be only done once