When you are updating yourself with a new Android Device from an earlier Android device there is a problem of Apps getting installed automatically when you Login to your Play Store Account from the device.I faced the same issue when i added my Gmail account which i used in my Galaxy Tab 2 to Galaxy S4 and all the apps which i had installed on the Tab were getting installed on Galaxy s4 which was a waste of time and lots of Data. Actually there is no way to stop the app installation but to change the settings in Google Play Store to No auto Update of Apps.
Go to Google Paly Store -> Settings -> Auto Update Apps -> Do not auto update Apps
So if you want to stop all the apps from getting installed and to delete all the apps or some of the apps on your new android device, follow these steps to stop all apps from getting installed:
If all the apps have been installed automatically on your new device and youi want to uninstall or remove them all at once or only some follow these steps.
- Go to your device Homescreen and then tap on the Gear icon and Open Settings.
- From the list search for Apps or Application Manager
- Select “All” tab which will select all the apps on your device
- Then after you have selected all the apps click on “Uninstall”. This will remove all the apps installed from your device.
- If you want to remove only some apps then after you enter the Application manager Long press the app which you want to install
- Tap on App info and then select Uninstall and do the same for the other apps which you want to uninstall
How to Remove Apps saved in Google account:
- Go to Google Play Store in your adnroid device
- And tap on the Paly Store icon seen on the left side top of the screenor slide the screen from left corner which will bring the User options
- Tap on the My Apps option in the list
- After the Apps list opens, tap on the All tab to open the list of all the Apps installed in the device
- Tap on the Apps which you want to remove from your Google Account and select all the apps which you want to remove
- Then press the “X” icon on top right corner of the screen and then tap on the “OK” button when a pop up message appears “Remove the selected apps from my apps?”
- Remove all the Apps by tapping on the “OK” option
Removing Apps which were synced to your Google Account should be done carefully as even the paid apps will also be removed or uninstalled. So either remove all unwanted apps at the same time if you do not have any paid apps in your device or want to remove the paid apps too or you can remove each app one by one if you dont want to loose Paid Apps.