From the past few months there is a new error 961 in Play store which has come forward and is bugging many users when you are trying to either update or install or buy any application be it Free or Paid from Google Play Store in many Android devices like Samsung, LG, Sony, Gionee, Micromax, Huawei, Motorola etc.
In case you are trying to install a Free application and get the error it is not an issue but if you trying to install a Paid application and the payment has gone through and while installation you are facing the Error 961 it is a big issue.
You can follow the Tutorial for How to Ask for Refund for Paid Apps in Google Play Store to get an idea on how to get a refund or you can try a paid app for sometime before buying or paying for it – How to Try Paid app before buying or paying for it in Google Play store.
Now coming back to getting rid of Error 961 you have to follow the below given steps and you will not be getting the error while downloading or installing Apps.
- Tap on Settings Icon on your Home Screen
- Then Go to Apps -> search and tap on Google Play Store App
- In the Google Play Store app page first tap on Force Stop and then tap on Clear Data and tap on Clear Cache
- After you have done that go back to the Manage applications page and tap on Google Play from which you have to tap on Delete Data
- Now go back to Google Play Store and try installing the application for which you might have faced the Error.
These steps helped us is solving this Error from App store, we have already mentioned some Errors which were solved successfully and you can see the errors here.
These are some errors which are being commonly faced by many users in Google Play Store while updating or Installing an application or Games.