Many users have asked us to help solve the error “RPC:S-5:AEC-0” while Installing or Updating your Apps from Google Play store and the sad or irritating part is that this error pops up right when the App has finished updating or installing and if it is a big sized app or game then it is very frustrating.
The whole error goes as follows in a pop up window “Update for “Your App” could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]”. If you see this error do not worry as this can be easily solved but just for the problem of downloading of updating it all over again.
I am going to show you two methods to help solve or fix this RPC:S-5:AEC-0 Update or Install Error:
If you are getting this error while updating or downloading all applications then follow the first Trick and if you are getting the error while updating a particular App then follow the second Trick.
Trick 1 to fix error RPC:S-5:AEC-0:
- Go to Settings
- And then tap on the Apps option and then tap on All
- From this you have to find and tap on the Google Play Store Application from the list
- And then you will be finding the Clear Cache Button in it and tap on it to clear cache and uninstall updates
- Scroll down and you can find the Clear Data button and tap on it
- Now go back to All Applications and tap on Download Manager and in this do the same by tapping on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Now again go back to all applications and then tap on the Google Services Framework option to open it and Clear Cache and Data from here too.
That is it, now you can go back to Google Play Store and try downloading/installing or Updating your applications which were facing the error which will be solved.
Trick 2 to fix error RPC:S-5:AEC-0:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on the Apps option and tap on All
- From the list seen tap on the particular application which is getting error for example “Facebook”
- Now tap on the Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- In case the error is seen while updating Gmail then you have to remove and add your gmail account again.
- Go to Settings and then Accounts and then tap on Google
- Now here you can see Remove Gmail account and tap on it.
- Now you should follow the above mentioned first 4 steps for Gmail App.
- Now again go back to Google account in settings and tap on Add your Gmail account and add the particular Gmail account which you want to setup in your android smartphone or tab.
Here are some other Error’s which can be seen in Google Play Store while updating or installing apps and their solutions:
- How to fix error code 941 in Google Play Store
- How to fix error code 495 in Google Play Store
These are the two tricks which I found helpful along with many other users in solving the RPC:S-5:AEC-0 error in Google Play store so do try it out if you are facing this error and let us know if it has helped or not and if you have any better trick to solve this error do share it in the comments section so that we can be useful for other Android users facing the same problem.