Google play store along with being a huge App store is also a source of many Errors which many of the users are facing which can be seen during installation or while Updating any App in your android device be it smartphone or tablet. The Errors are seen more in ICS and Jelly Bean compared to Kitkat. The Errors are seen in all the devices belonging to smasung, sony, LG, motorola etc.
We have already given solutions for many other Errors occuring in Play store:
So let us get back to the Solution for the Error 491 which you are facing while updating or downloading and installing your Apps in your android device. We have tried some simple tricks and some have worked and some did not so we are going to explain the three tricks which we found were helpful in the devices which we got the error in: Galaxy Tab 2 and Galaxy S4.
Restart of Reboot your Android device:
This is a simple trick which is effective most of the times in helping you solve the error code 491 which we found to work on our Tb 2 when we got this error while updating Apps.
- In most of the android devices you have to click and hold on the power button till you get a pop up box on your screen
- In the box you wll find multiple options of Power Off, Restart and other options depending on the device.
- Tap on the Restart option and wait for your device to Turn off and turn on automatically.
- Now try to go and update or Install Apps from Google play store, if you are still getting the error then try the next trick.
Clear Cache and Data in Google Play Store App:
This should be done from the System Settings by ust following the steps given below. Make sure that before you go and do this step you have to Turn off Google play updates from the Play Store app. Open Paly Store and tap on the 3 dots option icon on the right or left side top of the screena nd from the list of options turn it off.
- Go to System Settings on your android device which is Gear shaped icon -> Tap on Application Manager or Apps in the list of options -> Then Open “All” apps
- From the List of Apps available in the All apps search for the Google Play Store App and Tap on it which will open a new window.
- You should click on the Clear Cache button and Clear Data button as shown in the image below.
- Now Restart or reboot your device and try to install or update the apps which will most probably solve the problem. If you are still facing the same error and problem follow the next step.
Remove and Add your Gmail account from your device:
The error might sometimes be because of your Gmail account having problems syncing with your device so in this case we need to remove and clear all cache and data from the device and reboot the device.
- Tap on the Settings or the Gear Icon on your Home screen
- Then tap on the Accounts option in the lsit and then select Google
- There will be an option Gamil Account and in case you have multiple accounts in your device then select the account which is synced with Google Play Store.
- After you have done this go and repeat the above step of Clear Cache and data for Google Play Store and Google Service Framework
- Now Reboot or start your device
- Go back to the Accounts section and tap on Add gmail account ( add your gmail account here)
- Go to Google Play Store and try to install or update the apps which were causing the error and you will be able to do it without any problems.
Thanks for following the post and do let us know your experience in the comments section whether it was helpful or not and if you have any other trick which was helpful do mention it so that we can add it to the list with due credit to you.