Error 923 in Google Play store is being faced by many users while updating or downloading apps from Google Play Store. This Error prevent apps from being updated or Downloaded in some cases be it a free app or a paid app from play store. This is common Error and has some simple solutions which will hardly take any time to solve or fix it. In some cases when the app was being downloaded the status bar for download was taking longer than usual and sometimes the error 923 was seen and in some apps the update was completed.
One user reported of getting this error while trying to Add hotmail account to Email on Galaxy S series smartphones. Sometimes this error is seen if you do not have enough space in your device for installation or updating the App, so check for space issues and delete some data to accommodate the App size.
Clear Cache and Data of Google Play store in your Android device:
- To clear cache and Date from Google play store you have to first tap on Settings App
- Now go to Apps and then tap on All and then tap on Force Stop next you have to tap on the Clear Cache and Clear
- Data buttons seen in the page
- After this tap on the Uninstall updates and then go back to the Settings page.
- Now you have to also follow the same procedure with the Google Service Framework and Download manager by stopping the app and then clearing cache and clearing data.
- Try going back to the App store and login through your account and try installing the application which caused you the
- error. It must be solved mostly but if you are still facing this error try the next step.
Remove and Add Gmail account to your Android device:
This will log out of Google sync with your device and sometimes this helps in fixing error 923.
- Go to System Settings
- Then tap on Accounts and from the list tap on Google
- Now tap on Remove your Gmail account and press OK in the pop up box which appears.
- After you have done this go back tot he Settings page and follow the same path and now you can find that in place of
- Remove Gmail account Add your Gmail account is seen
- Tap on it and add your Gmail account and save the settings and go back to your device homepage.
- Now you have to restart your device to activate the new mail address to your account.
- Go back to Play Store and try installing or updating the App.
One user has mentioned that completely un installing Google Play Store application and then installing it back using APK files has solved his Error 923 but this will require uninstalling of all applications and loosing all applications. These are the Solutions which we found to be useful when we faced Error 923 and do let us know if you have any other tutorial which will be helpful to other users.