Error 138 in Google Chrome is another common Error which many users are facing while trying to access a website, this error can occur to a certain website or will be seen appearing while trying to access all websites.
I faced this error while accessing facebook.com and this gave me a big headache trying to figure out a way out of this Error after some research on the internet and some forums it was found to be a Networking Issue which can be seen due to many reasons.
You will be seeing a text similar to this “Error code: Error 138 (net::ERR_NETWORK _ACCESS_DENIED): Unable to access the network”
So let me show you Simple Tricks to get rid of Error code 138 in Google Chrome:
Fix / Solution 1:
Check your WiFi or Wireless connection status if you are using a laptop or are accessing internet via WiFi, if you are seeing Limited Connectivity problem in Wireless connection you have to log out and login to your account or turn off the router and wait for 10 seconds and turn it back on and log into your account again. Now try to access the website which you were facing the Error with.
If you are using Ethernet Cable and facing the Error in your PC, then you have check the internet connection and log out and log in to your account and check if the error has disappeared.
This might solve the problem but if you are still facing the error code 138 you have to go to the next step
Fix / Solution 2: Check Windows Firewall or Antivirus
Windows firewall or certain anti virus like Norton, Avast, McAfee, Kaspersky etc sometimes block certain websites, so this is a small tutorial to check and solve the problem arising because of that.
So if the problem is due to Windwos Firewall then you should follow these steps to add Google Chrome to the allow list in Windows Firewall in Windows 7 and Windows 8:
- Click Start button in Windwos 7 or in Windows 8 and 8.1 in the Search you have to type in Windows Firewall
- You will be getting options under Programs and Control Panel -> under Control panel click on Allow a program through Windows Firewall
- A New windows will be opened Windows Firewall -> Allowed Programs -> Click on Allow Another Program which can be seen in the Bottom Right of the Box.
- This will open a new box which will have a list of programs on your Computer / Laptop and scroll through the list of programs to select Google Chrome.
- And then click on Add at the bottom of the screen -> now in the screen shown click on OK in the pop up box which appears.
- Now you have to go back to Google Chrome and try accessing the website which was showing the error.
- If you are still now able to access the website you must Restart your Laptop or PC.
This should fix your problem and you will be able to access the website and if you are facing the problem still go and check your Antivirus settings which will stop the websites from opening. Do let me know if there are any other steps which can help solve the issue in the comments section which we will add in the post.