Removing or changing your google account from your Android device is necessary in situations when you are giving away or selling your device or as a solution to some Play Store Errors which can be solved only by removing or changing your Google account which is Synced to your Email, Contacts, Calender, Apps (Play store) ..etc.
If you have to remove your Gmail account which is Synced to various Apps like Gmail App, Play Store app etc you have to do it manually by going to each application in Apps section and removing or changing it, which can be quite time taking but there is another way in which you can remove your Gmail account Synced to your device without getting the Error:
This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which deletes all your personal data
So many users who have tried to remove their Gmail accounts Synced to their devices asked How to solve this Error and remove Gmail account without Factory Reset of their devices. There is a simple trick which I will be showing where you do not need to Factory Reset in order to remove your Google account:
Remove from Settings:
- First try this simple option –
- Go to settings and then Tap on Accounts
- Now Select Google Accounts in the list and tap on it
- You have to tap on Menu and then tap on Remove Account
This should do it, or if you are getting the Error where your device tells you only a factory reset can remove your account then follow the next step.
Remove Gmail/Google account from System Folder:
- Go to any File Manager or File Browsing App which you might have installed or just tap on the Files App in your Android device
- Now search for the System folder, which in some devices will be seen in the list and sometimes go to Data folder -> System folder
- Here you have to search for “accounts.db” file and Delete it
- In some devices the accounts/db file is absent. in such cases follow the below mentioned step
- Go to Data Folder -> System folder -> Sync
- Search for the “account.xml” file and Delete it
Follow these steps to help remove your Google or Gmail account which is synced to your android smartphone or tablet device which is helpful in fixing many errors related to play store or when you want to change your Gmail account from your device.