Microsoft has recently sent out the latest KB5000802 update for devices running Windows 10 version 20H2, version 2004 and version 21H1 in the Beta version. Microsoft has sent out the update which contains security updates, after installing the KB5000802 update some users have complained that they are facing the Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) on starting their Windows Laptop or PC or trying to print any file or document from Microsoft Office, Notepad, etc.
Microsoft has accepted that the Error is caused by an APC_INDEX_MISMATCH error when the users are trying to print any document or file. The company has also mentioned that they are trying to fix the Error and at the moment the only solution is to remove the KB5000802 update from Windows 10 and roll back to the previous version until a fix is rolled out. Let us look how you can remove the latest Windows update.
How to Remove Windows 10 KB5000802 update:
- Launch your Laptop or PC running Windows 10 and then tap on Windows icon and then click on Settings icon
- Now click on “Update & Security” option and now here click on Windows Update option seen in the navigation pane on the left side
- Now under the Windows Update page click on the “View update history” option
- Now from the list of Updates click on the “Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB5000802) ” to select it and then click on the Uninstall button on top
- You need to click on “Yes” when asked for confirmation and then tap on “Restart Now“
On Restarting your device the update will be removed and will be starting with the previous version of Windows. This will certainly help in preventing the blue Screen which is being seen with the latest update. It is better you update to the latest version when Windows rolls out an update after rectifying the Issue.