Users are getting many new options to purchase Apps or games in Google Play store which was restricted to only credit card users earlier in India, now users can purchase Apps or games in Google Play Store for your Android Smartphone or Tablet using Paytm and Freecharge. Last week Paytm added a new feature which allowed users to purchase Google Play Recharge codes and following in its footsteps, Freecharge has also unveiled this feature for both the mobile app and website.
With this new feature Paytm and Freecharge users can now purchase Recharge codes which can, in turn be used in Google Play Store to purchase Apps or Games. Earlier Google Play Store had added a new feature – Pay for Apps in Google Play Store using Airtel, Vodafone or Idea balance. So this new feature now joins the options like Credit card, Net Banking, Code and payment through Mobile Balance.
How to buy Recharge codes for Google Play Store in Paytm and Freecharge:
- Launch the App (Paytm or Freecharge)
- Now under the Recharge or Pay Bills for Paytm and New Payment option in Freecharge you can see the Google Play icon or option
- Tap on it and you will be taken to the payment page where you can enter the Amount which you want to recharge (you can recharge only between 100-1500)
- Now you need to enter the mobile number
- The Recharge code for Google Play will be sent as an SMS to the given mobile number and the e-mail
Now that you have successfully purchased the required or desired amount of Recharge Code for Google Play, it is time to use the Recharge code to purchase an App or Game in Play Store, follow the steps mentioned below.
How to Redeem the Google Play Recharge Codes bought through Paytm or Freecharge:
- The Recharge code can be redeemed immediately after purchasing by clicking on the “Redeem Now” link which will direct you to Google Play Store from where you can purchase any app using the code or can be used later by following the next step
- After purchasing, the Recharge Code which will be sent to your mobile number as an SMS and also to the email can be redeemed by entering the code while purchasing the App. Go to Google Play Store and in the settings tap on “Redeem” and enter the code to put the recharged amount in your Play Store account for future use
Now the payments methods include Credit or debit card, Net Banking, Mobile balance (Airtel, Idea and Vodafone) or Redeem Code which can be now done through Freecharge or Paytm. This is a great addition to the Play Store as it accepts only select Debit cards and this has been restricting many young users to purchase paid apps and as Paytm / Freecharge letting users to pay for Recharge codes using wallet balance, debit cards, credit cards, Netbanking and even UPI for Freecharge it gives many young users the option to purchase Paid Apps without the need of a credit card or select debit cards.