Android Smartphones and Tablets are coming with specification to match that of a Personal computer or laptop and are doing most of the stuff which can be done on your PC or Laptop and are portable as well. And now you can even use your Android device to Print any documents without the use of any wires or USB.
There are many ways to print any document directly from your Android device:
- Print by connecting with USB
- Print by connecting through WiFi
- Print by connecting through Bluetooth
- Print by connecting to Google Cloud Print
You might be knowing by now how to use and print with the help of USB or WiFi and Bluetooth but Google Cloud Print seems new, so let me show you how to connect and use Google Cloud Print App to print wireless from any Android device.
Firstly you need to check if your Printer is Cloud Ready: Cloud Ready Printers List by Google
How to Connect or Set up your Printer with Google Cloud Print:
- This is a one time thing which should be done with your Printer connected to your Computer or Laptop.
- Connect your Printer to your PC or Laptop using the USB cable.
- Turn on the Printer and Launch Google Chrome in your PC
- Click on the 3 dot Menu button on the right side top of the browser
- From the options select Settings and then go to Advance Settings
- Here you can find by scrolling down “Google Cloud Print” click on it
- And Add Printers, which will ask you to login to your Google Account to connect your Printer to the Google Cloud print service.
- You will be getting a pop up box giving the conformation and you will have to click on Add Printer to Sync the printer connected to your PC with Google Cloud Print.
Now that you have Connected your Printer to Google Cloud Print you can now use your android device to print wireless by following the below mentioned steps:
- Firstly you need to install the Free Cloud Print App from Google Play store: Cloud Print
- You have to Login to the same Google Account which you have used to register your Printer to the Cloud Print service
- Click on the Print icon whether it is a PDF file or a downloaded document or a image file, from this App you can even select files to download from Google Drive and Dropbox which you might have saved earlier and even from your device File Manager.
- Select the Printer from which you need to print, this is necessary if you have registered multiple printes from the same i.d.
- After this you will be getting the Print Preview like in your Computer where you can even change the File orientation, number of copies, size of paper etc
- After all the editing and proper settings are done according to your requirements, click on the Paper Plane like Icon seen in the Top Row of your Screen which will then send the file to Google Cloud Print to be Printed directly from your Printer.
Once you have set up Google Cloud Print App on your Android device you can even Print Web pages or Mails from Gmail App directly to your Printer by clicking on the Print icon in either your Chrome browser for Web pages and the Print icon in Share or settings in Gmail App.